A Periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions of the periodontium and oral cavity. Periodontists are experts in the management of patients with periodontal diseases including all forms of gingivitis, periodontitis and gingival recession, as well as the surgical placement and long-term maintenance of dental implants.
We pride ourselves on excellent communication with you and your General Dentist.
Services offered include:
- Treatment of Periodontitis (gum diseases- inflammatory periodontitis, gingivitis)
- Implant Placement- single implants, multiple, edentulous, fixed bridge support, overdenture support
- Immediate Restoration of Implants with temporary acrylic teeth
- Gingival Recession (exposed root surfaces)
- Cosmetic Gingival Recontouring
- Regeneration of Bone to support teeth
- Regeneration for Site Preparation for implants
- Oral Medicine
- Myofacial Pain Dysfunction and TMJ problems
- Crown lengthen (preparation for crowns on natural teeth)
- Conscious sedation (premedication orally) and/or nitrous oxide relaxation
- Long term maintenance and support via regular dental cleanings
The most effective treatment for existing periodontitis, as well as prevention of this disease, beyond regular and efficient home care, is a good professional tooth cleaning. Nonsurgical periodontal therapy often involves regular dental cleanings. The "backbone" of dentistry is the dental cleaning. It is this regular maintenance visit which keeps your dentition healthy, either with a periodontist or your general dentist.
Implants also require regular dental prophylaxis and should be accomplished without damage to the relatively soft titanium alloy.
At this office we offer a professional periodontal cleaning. The frequency needs to be adjusted depending upon the individual patient needs. We often alternate appointments with your general dentist.